In this post, we will help you create professional virtual tours with the Ricoh Theta Z1 360 camera. Joel Neagels, co-founder and content creator from JREA Virtual 360, will walk you through the step-by-step process of designing a virtual tour for your space using bracket exposures. This technique will help you create vibrant, professional, and properly exposed 360 images. Click and watch this video:
This virtual tour design technique is not only limited to the Ricoh Theta Z1. It can also be achieved using any type of 360 camera that you might have.
Here are the key points to remember when designing your virtual tours using your Ricoh Theta Z1 360 camera:
- For large spaces, you can start by shooting the center of the room first and then build the rest of the tour around that.
- When setting up the Ricoh Theta app, make sure that the file format is set to RAW (DNG) + JPEG.
- Set the shooting method to Multi-Bracket.
- Set the self-timer (to around 10 seconds) to give you enough time to run into the next room and hide.
- The first shot in the bracket is going to be the least exposed and should have the fastest Shutter Speed (1/8);
- The second bracket must be the most properly exposed and its Shutter Speed could be set at around (1/2)
- The last bracket, which is going to be the most exposed, should have the slowest Shutter Speed (1).
- Change the aperture to 5.6 to give your foreground and background the most amount of detail.
- Then set the ISO (to about 250) and keep that the same across each of the three brackets.
- Make sure to avoid yellow hues when adjusting the White Balance.
- After everything is set, all you need to do is to hit the Capture button, and then run!
Thanks for checking out this video sharing a 360º photography set up. To learn more about his entire workflow, check out an upcoming webinar here: http://virtualtourprofit.com/index.html
Ready to try 360º virtual tour software?
CloudPano is built for 360º virtual tour entrepreneurs
Ready to get started on CloudPano.com? Get 4 months free if you sign up to our annual plan, get started here: https://www.cloudpano.com/add-to-cart/